King James Bible (KJV): Application description
We have created a simple yet powerful Bible application for King James Bible.
King James Bible is arguably the most trusted version of the Bible. With our app you will not only be able to read the King James Bible, you will also gain access to the following features:
- Easily save favorite Bible verses
- Make notes
- Add personal topics
- View other users topics
- Daily Bible verse
- Easy access to last read verse
- Share verses easily with friends
- Change text size
- Search the Bible
- King James Bible(except notes etc.) can be used offline
Short instructions on how to use these features can be found at the bottom of this app description.
Voluntarily register to keep and save favorites, notes and topics on many devices.
Below follow a short explanation of why the King James Bible is regarded as one of the most trusted Bible translations.
King James Bible, commonly known as KJV, was based on the most reliable Greek New Testament texts, the Textus Receptus or Majority Text. Most of the new Bible translations are based on the Alexandrian Text where many Bible verses are left out for example. Take a look at this very important example from the scripture below.
King James Version (KJV), Acts 8:36-38
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
In NIV Bible version for example, the verse 37 is missing.
As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, “Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?” And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him.
SHORT DESCRIPTION ON HOW TO USE OUR KING JAMES BIBLE APP
- To find last read Bible verse, open left menu. Tap the text "Tap to continue at verse 1:1" at the bottom of the black square.
- To save a note. Tap the verse(s) and then tap the Note+ symbol in the top menu, write your note then tap OK.
- To create a topic(s). Tap the verse(s) and then tap the Note+ symbol in the top menu, write your note(if any) and add your topics in the following way: #love #truth etc. Tap OK when done.
- To mark a favorite verse(s). Tap the verse(s) and then tap the heart symbol in the top menu.
- To search the Bible, tap the search symbol in the left menu and enter your words. Since the search is in "realtime" you might have to be a bit patient for common words.
- To share a Bible verse from the Bible, tap the verse(s), then tap the share symbol in the top menu. Select method to share. Complete depending on the way you chose to share.
- To make text larger, tap the magnifying glass with + in the top menu. Tap until you feel comfortable with the text size.
- To make text smaller, tap the magnifying glass with - in the top menu. Tap until you feel comfortable with the text size.
Still have questions? Please contact us at the email listed below.