Stewards of Children Toolkit: Application description
They only have one childhood and sexual abuse shouldn’t be part of it. It’s you that keeps them safe, happy, and healthy
Sexual abuse is a solvable problem.
Learn the facts and how it takes place. Eliminate isolated, one-on-one interactions with children. Empower children to talk to you and talk to them about safe personal boundaries and sexual abuse. Recognise signs, and reach out to kids who show these signs. And, react responsibly to disclosures, discoveries and suspicions. These steps protect our children and our communities from sexual abuse.
We will cause a tremendous reduction of child sexual abuse in our lifetimes when we protect children together. And, as child sexual abuse ends, we’ll see generations of healthier, happier children. We are all Stewards of Children.
This app is currently targeted for a US audience and the support numbers included are all US-based services. However, the content and messaging can be used globally.
Features of the app include:
* Get certified in Stewards of Children
* Learn signs of sexual abuse in a child
* Recognise offender grooming behaviours
* Handle disclosures of abuse
* Learn how to make a report
* Assess an organisation’s safety
* Get help
* Learn how to talk to children
* Minimise opportunity for abuse